Information We Receive From Your Use of Our Services
Usage and Device Information
When you use our Services, we receive certain usage data (“Usage and Device Information”). This includes information about your interaction with the Services, for example, when you view or search content, install or open applications or software, create or log into your account, or import data into your account.
We may also collect data about the devices and computers you use to access our Services, including IP addresses, browser type, language, operating system, or mobile device information (including device and application identifiers), the referring web page, pages visited, location (depending on the permissions you have granted us), and cookie information.
Health and Other Special Categories of Personal Data
To the extent that information we collect directly from you is health data or another special category of sensitive personal data subject to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we ask for your explicit consent to process such sensitive personal data. You can use your account settings or contact us to withdraw your consent at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com to request deleting your data or closing your account.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes.
Provide and Maintain the Services
We use the information we collect to deliver the Services to you and honor our Terms of Service for each Service or business contract with you. For example,
- to administer, operate, maintain and secure our Services;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- for accounting, recordkeeping, backup and administrative purposes;
- to customize and improve the content of our communications, websites and social media accounts;
- to provide customer service and support;
- to communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions and requests regarding our Services; and
- to process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including alerts and notifications about your service, purchase confirmations and invoices; and
- to educate and train our workforce in data protection and customer support.
Improve, Personalize, and Develop the Services
We use the information we collect to improve and personalize the Services and to develop new ones. For example, we use the information to troubleshoot and protect against errors; perform data analysis and testing; conduct research and surveys and develop new features and Services.
Communicate with You
We use your information when needed to send you Service notifications and respond to you when you contact us. We also use your information to promote new features or products that we think you would be interested in. You can control marketing communications and via the “Unsubscribe” link in an email.
Promote Safety and Security
We use the information we collect to promote the safety and security of the Services, our users and other parties. For example, we may use the information
- to authenticate users;
- to facilitate secure payments;
- to respond to a legal request or claim, conduct audits, and enforce our terms and policies;
- to investigate and protect against fraud, malicious or unauthorized access, and other illegal activities; and
- to demonstrate and verify compliance with our internal policies and procedures, and applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations, such as HIPAA and GDPR.
Use and Disclosure of De-identified Information
“De-identified” means that we have removed, or rendered unreadable through complex computational algorithms, your personally-identifiable information, such as your name, address, or birthdate. We may use de-identified information that we have obtained from our Services for various purposes, including for example:
- In accordance with regulatory requirements, we may de-identify, store and use your information for internal quality control, validation and research and development. This is important for PierianDx, Inc. to maintain high quality Services. We may use de-identified information as permitted by law.
- We may use or disclose de-identified information for general research and communications purposes. This may include data related to genotype, diagnosis, phenotype and outcomes across Customer sites. All data disclosures shall be done in aggregate or in a way which adequately de-identified that data so that individuals may not be identified. Data aggregations will be limited to clinical operations purposes to support licensees sites and will not be used for research purposes.
For personal data subject to the GDPR, we rely on several legal bases to process the data. These include when you have given your consent, when the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, like the Terms of Service; and our legitimate business interests, such as in improving, personalizing, and developing the Services, marketing new features or products that may be of interest, and promoting safety and security as described above.
How We Share Your Information
We do not share your personal information except in the limited circumstances described below.
When You Agree or Direct Us to Share
You also authorize us to share your information with others, for example, with a third-party application when you give it access to your account, or with your employer company or other organizations and provide consent to each organization. Remember that their use of your information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
For External Processing
We transfer information to our corporate affiliates, service providers and other partners who process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. These partners provide us with services globally, including for customer support, information technology, payments, sales, marketing, data analysis, research and surveys.
For Legal Reasons or to Prevent Harm
We may preserve or disclose information about you to comply with a law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; to assert legal rights or defend against legal claims; or to prevent, detect or investigate illegal activity, fraud, abuse, violations of our terms or threats to the security of the Services or the physical safety of any person.
Please note: Our policy is to notify you of legal process seeking access to your information, such as search warrants, court orders or subpoenas, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so. In cases where a court order specifies a non-disclosure period, we provide delayed notice after the expiration of the non-disclosure period. Exceptions to our notice policy include exigent or counterproductive circumstances, for example, when there is an emergency involving danger of death or serious physical injury to a person.
We may share non-personal information that is aggregated or de-identified so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual. We may disclose such information publicly and to third parties, for example, in public reports about our products and services to partners under agreement with us.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, we will continue to take measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information and give affected users notice for the transferring of any personal information to a new entity.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You can access and control your personal information by accessing your account profile, deactivating your account or contacting our help desk or your local site administrator. If you live in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom and Switzerland (the “Designated Countries”), you have a number of legal rights with respect to your information, as outlined below.
Accessing and Exporting Data. By logging into your account, you can access much of your personal information.
Editing and Deleting Data. Your account settings and certain platform APIs let you change and delete your personal information and/or account data. For instance, you can edit or delete the profile data you provide and delete your account if you wish.
If you choose to delete your account, please note that while most of your information will be deleted within 14 days, it may take up to 90 days to delete all of your information, such as the data stored in our backup systems. This is due to the size and complexity of the systems we use to store data. We may also preserve data for legal reasons or to prevent harm, including as described in the How We Share Your Information section.
Restricting or Limiting Data Use. In addition to the various controls that we offer, if you reside in a Designated Country, you can seek to restrict our processing of your data in certain circumstances.
Further Assistance. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.