Making Genomics the Standard of Care in Community Cancer Centers
by PierianDx, on March 22, 2021
According to recent estimates, almost 80% of cancer patients (1,2) in the United States are diagnosed and treated in community cancer centers. With incredibly busy schedules, providers at these centers often struggle to offer to most up-to-date, cutting edge care.
At the recent Association of Community Cancer Centers Annual Meeting and Cancer Center Business Summit, PierianDx Founder Rakesh Nagarajan, MD, PhD, discussed how insourcing Next Generation Sequencing testing services enables community oncologists to provide the most technologically advanced, precision care, including immunotherapies. Specifically, Dr. Nagarajan reflected on the clinical, financial and strategic benefits of next generation sequencing, including how to achieve:
- Maximum clinical impact from one test, using minimal biospecimen
- Profitability from conducting in-house NGS testing
- Increased market leadership and brand recognition
- Conference coverage, Association of Community Cancer Centers National Oncology Conference, J Clin Pathways. 2017;3(9):19-20.
- Copur, Mehmet Sitki et al. “Impact of the National Cancer Institute Community Cancer Centers Program on Clinical Trial and Related Activities at a Community Cancer Center in Rural Nebraska.” Journal of oncology practice vol. 12,1 (2016): 67-8, e44-51. doi:10.1200/JOP.2015.005736